Monday, July 7, 2014

Surprise surprise!

Wow!  I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted.  I'm definitely getting the itch to record our little lives again.  Things have been sort of slow around here because:
I'm pregnant!!!!
We are so happy and thrilled!  We found out the day after Max's second birthday, January 27.  It was such a surprise!  I had originally written out the whole "how we found out story" but it was way too long and, ultimately, a bit personal.  Here are the bullet points:
  • On January 27 I had an appointment for an x-ray
  • "You're late."--radiologist
  • "I promise I cannot be pregnant."--Heather
  • "Sign this waiver."--radiologist
  • "Ok."--Heather
  • "Wait!  Postponing the x-ray will not make a difference in your care.  Go take a test."--doctor
  • "Ok, fine."--Heather
  • Heather drove across the street and took a pregnancy test in the grocery store bathroom.
  • Negative.  SO frustrated to have wasted an afternoon.
  • Appointment rescheduled.
  • Drove home.  Checked test again.  Wait.  Wha???  Huh??   Confusion ensued.
  • Drove to Target.  Bought more expensive test.
  • Went home.  Took test.  Definitely positive!  :)
See how many bullet points there are?  Imagine that written out.  Paragraphs upon paragraphs. I know you are grateful that I spared you.  This baby is such a happy and much wanted surprise! 

1 comment: