Monday, December 16, 2013

Favorite Things Party

Last Thursday my friend Heather hosted a favorite things party.  For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, you buy 5 of one of your favorite things.  They are usually all the same item, but they don't have to be.  Most hosts typically set a price limit.  Ours was $5-7, which I felt was perfect.  Once you arrive at the party, you take 5 pieces of paper, write your name on each of them, and place them in a hat.  Then, everyone draws five names (making sure that there are no doubles and that you don't draw your own name) and then you receive the favorite things of those people.  Understand?  

It was so much fun!  Why?  Because...

First of all, Heather just bought the cutest townhouse I have ever seen.  I rode with my friend Melissa and as soon as we pulled into her neighborhood and saw all the colorful houses, I said, "I hope Heather has a red one!"  She had a red one!  And not only did she have a red house, her upstairs loft has a cupboard under the stairs.  Which is where I will be sleeping should I ever spend the night at her house, which could happen, because....

Second of all, Heather made delicious signature drink with bourbon.  
That's not juice.--Stephanie, with a tone of warning
I know.--Heather Frowow, pouring herself a generous third cup

Third of all, there was a potato salad with bacon on top.  Plus also, my friend Laura made amazing egg rolls.  I think I was a little too verbally enthusiastic about the food at the party and may have embarrassed myself, oink oink.  BUT, my breakfasts, lunches, and most dinners end up looking like this:
And I end up throwing a few crackers in my mouth while I clean the mess and call it nutrition. So, the fact that there was food and I would actually get to eat it was super exciting.

Fourth of all, it was fun because of the actual favorite things.  It was so much fun to see what other people liked and who doesn't like receiving presents?  My friend Crista was the perfect "Oprah" for the event:
You get a book, and you get a book, and YOU get a book!  Plus also, Crista's favorite thing was actually a book!  I drew her name, so I got to go home with a copy of Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.  People, I started it yesterday and am already on page 167.  It is so good.  Read it.  I also got a Dunkin Donuts gift card from Laura, Twizzlers and lotion from Heather, lip gloss from Christine, and a necklace from Melissa.  The necklace is from a super cute, affordable online boutique called Urban Peach.  How did I not know about it until now, I have no clue.

Fifth of all, of course the whole reason to have a favorite things party is to be with friends!  



No comments:

Post a Comment