Friday, July 11, 2014

Pregnancy happenings

I had originally thought that I was going to do weekly pregnancy updates.  I only have maybe 5 photos from when I was pregnant with Max and  I wish I had more.  However, it turns out that I'm just not a weekly-pregnancy-update kind of person.  I do have some, and you are in major luck, because I'm going to share them here!  With YOU!  Are you excited?  Me too!  Let's get started!
This is was taken during week 19, on the morning of our big anatomy scan.  I was so excited to see the baby and anxious to find out if everything was developing as it should.  (It is!)  We did not find out if the baby is a boy or a girl.  We were surprised with Max too.  It is so much fun for us to be surprised and for those wondering, no, it's actually not hard for us to wait.  Just fun.
The next day was my friend, Robin's, wedding!   I have known Robin since we met at Centrifuge (church camp) in the 11th grade.  We ended up at the same college, then the same church, and then the same Bible study group.  She has always had a desire to get married and has watched many friends walk down the aisle.  I was so thrilled to watch her take her turn that I could barely control myself!  I was dancing in my seat and had the goofiest grin on my face the whole time!  Above is a photo of Andres and I at her awesome BBQ reception.  Robin did a wonderful job with the reception decorations--she was on a tight budget and it did not show at all!  She made her centerpieces out of cupcake wrappers (they looked like flowers), had beautiful Japanese lanterns and Christmas lights, and dozens upon dozens of candles.  It looked magical and she did a phenomenal job!

After all the excitement  of week 19, things slowed down in week 20:
Barefoot and....yeah.
We did go see Sesame Street Live, which was everything you can imagine it to be.

And then, suddenly, it was week 22.  My parents were in town and we took advantage of the opportunity to go to dinner at Maggianos.  I love their stuffed mushrooms and I also love not cooking.  And time with my husband.  I got a few pictures of the belleh before we left.  Yes, this is week 22.  Not 32.

I am aware of the belly situation.  I got really huge, really fast with Max too.  People are starting to ask when I'm due, and I can tell they are confident that I will answer with July or August.  When I say October, it always takes them a minute to recover.  Then we have to have a conversation about how "I have a long way to go,"  it's important to "stay hydrated, honey," and "you are all belly because you are so tiny."   That exact conversation.  All the time.  Whenever we go out.  I'm going to start to say I'm due in September because ain't nobody got time fo dat.

No comments:

Post a Comment