Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas Presents!

I am so excited that I just had to jump on here and tell the internet world that I finished Christmas shopping for Max!  Andres isn't picking up his phone at work, and I'm so excited about Max's gift that I just have to tell somebody!  So, I'm going to tell you.  This year, Max will receive season tickets to the NC Kids Symphony from Andres and I.  Good friends gifted us with 2 tickets earlier in the fall and Max loved it.  He was wide-eyed and at attention the entire time. There are 2 shows left in the Kids Series this season and I nabbed 3 tickets to both of them.  They are surprisingly affordable and I'm so happy to give our family an experience instead of stuff.
In thinking about Christmas and gifts, I made the decision last year to start our traditions of giving right from Max's first Christmas.  We have asked Santa Claus to bring Max only three gifts:
1.  Something to read
2.  Something to wear
3.  Something to play with
This really keeps things simple for Santa and his elves and allows us Frowow's to spend the season focusing on gratefulness for what we already have and the true meaning of Christmas. The three categories also reflect the 3 gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrhh that the wise men gave to Jesus.  

Andres and I will also give him one gift from us, focused on a fun, family experience we can share.  This year it's the NC Kids Symphony!  I am so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment