Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Failure or Success?

Today is quite the day.  I think these kids want me dead.  Thank goodness neither one can reach the knife block.  Anyways, it began with a trip to the library playground.  The girl slept in the Ergo and the boy ran happily, until it was time to go home.  We began our trek to the car at 11:20 and were all buckled in by 11:45, if that tells you anything.
Pictured:  one toddler on the sidewalk, refusing to use his legs.  Not pictured:  one toddler in the middle of a dirt pile, the street, the grass, and a forest trail refusing to use his legs.  Plus also, one frazzled mother thinking lots LAWTS of expletives.

 But, why dwell on failures?  Let's focus on success!  While corralling small humans may not be my thang, I am very good with non-verbal, inanimate objects.  Remember my weekend craft list?  Well, observe!
ONE
 Here we have my Thanksgiving pom pom garland.  It's hanging all wonky because someone I know likes to stand on top of the red toy basket and pull it down.
TWO
 Ghostly-pale, spindly, fingernails on my 97 year old hand painted blue?  Check!
THREE
 Did we do it?  Oh yes, we did.  I got out the paints, we made a mess, AND ended up with three of these masterpieces.  Best mom ever awards will be accepted.
FOUR
 Advent calendar activities?  Like a boss.
FIVE
Aaaand, last but not least, here we have a sample of the completed food labels for Max's second birthday.  I am very excited about the Little Blue Truck/farm theme!

As you can see, I owned my crafts.  Now both childrens are napping and when the big one wakes up we are going to start very loosely doing our "Homeschool Preschool" with Before Five in Row.  Today's plan:  read Jesse Bear, What Will you Wear?  It's going to be epic.

TTYL!  TTFN!  LYLAS! (early nineties throwback for you young-uns)

No comments:

Post a Comment