Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Momfession: I am a crazy coupon lady

Wait, wait, wait, before you judge, allow me to explain.  
1.  I do not have a garage full of stockpiled items.
2.  I only have 2 containers of mustard in my fridge and they are different kinds.
3.  I don't feed my family processed TGI Friday's anytizers I got for free.  Ever.

My favorite place to coupon is CVS, because it's like a puzzle or game.  There are many blog posts on the internets that explain how the system works, so I won't get into that here.  The only thing I will say is that CVS has an ECB (extra care bucks) program.  Certain items give you in-store credit (called ECBs) and when you buy them, you get ECBs back.  My two rules for CVS are:
1.  only buy items I need 
 2. only buy items that give me ECBs or that are on a really good sale

Here is a recap of my best CVS trips:

1.  The time I got 3 shampoos, 1 conditioner, and a jumbo pack of baby wipes for $3.50
2.  The time I got contact solution and Necco wafers for $1.00
3.  The time I got toilet paper, overnight diapers, and 2 toothpastes for $10.00

There.  Aren't you impressed?  You wanna be me.

And, AND today.  Today I got this from CVS:

Labels
Oral B toothbrush replacement heads, ginger ale, tissues, and necco wafers.  You could probably tell that by looking.
For $1.73.  Here's how it went down:
The Oral B toothbrush replacement heads were on sale for $5.99, and you got 2 ECBs back with purchase.  The tissues were 99 cents, the ginger ale was 99 cents, and the Necco wafers were probably around a dollar or so.

I had a coupon from the Sunday paper for $3.00 off the toothbrush heads, which I combined with a CVS coupon (from their coupon center) for $1.50 off a dental care item.  I had a 25 cent off coupon for the tissue (from the paper), and 30 cent coupon for the ginger ale that also printed out at the coupon center.  Then, I had $3.00 in ECBs left from a previous trip.  HOWEVER, my total was less than $3.00 so I was forced to buy the candy in order to use my ECBs, which brought my total to $1.73.

I can't believe I just blogged about coupons.  Where is my life going?

No comments:

Post a Comment