Monday, September 16, 2013

Easter 2013

We were still in our apartment for Easter this year.  Apartment life does have some benefits. For one, I wasn't too concerned with keeping clean.  It is true what my parents always said--"You don't think (spilling on the carpet/doing the dishes/picking up your toys, etc.) is important because you're not the one paying for it!"  I was infinitely less concerned about wiping countertops, vacuuming, and spot cleaning the carpet when they weren't my counters or carpet.  Another benefit of apartment life was these two cute pics of Max:

One major disadvantage of apartment life is the noise.  Especially when the people who live above you have parties every night starting at 10 and ending at 3 or 4 am.  Miraculously, Max rarely woke up, but Andres and I were very sleep deprived.  We jumped at the chance to go to my in-laws for Easter to escape the noise. 



 Here we are in our Easter outfits on Sunday morning.  My outfit was a last-minute selection from Target.  I had planned to wear a cute springtime dress, but Easter was really cold this year.  I needed to buy something I could wear with boots.  :)
Max is wearing a tie.  A tie.  It kills me.
 After church, Max received his basket from the Easter Bunny.  He got alphabet letters for bathtime and two snack cups.  So practical, that Easter Bunny!
Max really enjoyed playing with the Easter eggs.  If I had known what a hit they would be, I would have asked the Easter bunny to bring a couple dozen instead of just six!
 Luckily, Abuelita came to the rescue and not only had extra eggs, but put some candy inside for Max.  He is such a spoiled little guy.
Max spent the rest of the day hunting eggs and dancing with his Abuelito.  And yes, that is a pajama top he's wearing.  I remembered the tie and white button up shirt, but managed to forget casual clothing.  And baby wipes.  Just another day of coming thisclose to proficiency in parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment