Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Cincos

Linking up for the weekly Favoritos de Cinco.  
1
This series of books:
I loved the first, now I'm on the second.  Let me tell you--the second is giving me major sadz.  I'm in the beginning and it's talking about three characters (Jane, Frank, and Peggy) and their childhood experiences in British Workhouses.  Ugh. It's so sad to think of all the children separated from their mothers (a young as toddlers!) and the husbands and wives separated, never to see each other again.  And because I'm a worrier, I keep thinking, "OMG, what if we end up in a workhouse one day?!?"  Andres keeps reminding me that workhouses don't exist, but I'm having nightmares of being separated from Max just the same.
2
Heaven in a mug.  Is there anyone out there who doesn't love this stuff?  See me immediately so I can smite you.  (Disclaimer:  not 100% on what "smite" means, but I will do it.  Real good.)
3

On the Square is my favorite restaurant ever.  There is the duck and brussels sprouts I had for our anniversary dinner this past November.  The brussels sprouts had bacon on them and name one thing that doesn't taste amazing with bacon.  You can't.  The first time we ever went, I had their shrimp and grits.  It changed my life.  If you've never had shrimp and grits, you are really, really, really missing out on a formative life experience.  Go eat some immediately.
(I can't believe I took a picture of my food.  Do you know what I find odd?  Food blogs.  Seriously.  Just eat and enjoy your dinner sans camera.  No one wakes up and wonders, "omg, i NEED to know what Heather Frowow is having for breakfast!  Food blogs are weird).
4
This store.  All the things.
5
This picture of Max is my favorite of all time.  It was taken over Christmas of 2012 at Founding Farmers.  Founding Farmers is a bunch of hype and all disappointment.  I think people go because it makes them feel cool/foodie/organic/enviro conscious. BUT it was worth the trip for a pic like this.  And now that we have the pic, we don't ever have to go back.  Winning!

So, there you have it.  There are more Cincos here. 

1 comment: