Friday, September 6, 2013

Seven Quick Takes

I love a link-up.  
This one is with Jen, of Conversion Diary, per usual. 
Here are the seven most exciting things I have to share with you about my riveting life:

One
I'm tired.  Max goes to bed at 7:00 and wakes up crying at 7:30, 9:00, 12:00, and 3:00.  Maybe 3:00.  I don't know because I CAN.NOT.HANDLE.IT.  My amazing husband does insomniac duty.  I have this thing where once I'm in bed I can't get up.  Some call it laziness, I call it self-preservation.  

Two
I wrote the above last night in the midst of the 9:00 cry session.  We left him alone and he settled down after 15 minutes.  No 12 or 3 am wake-ups.  I'm thinking we turned a corner but I'm also thinking I just jinxed myself.

Three
I'm going to the Motherland today.  I'm going to buy this:
hopefully in the scent Radish.  I realized yesterday that our glass doors are a MESS. I've been using Shaklee for about 3 or 4 years now.  You mix 2 drops of Shaklee basic in 16 oz. of water to make the glass cleaner.  In our townhouse it worked really well, so I'm not sure what the problem is now.  I still have TONS of Shaklee, so I'm really bummed to ruin my profit margin, but our glass doors are embarrassing.  I really, really want to love Shaklee.  I mean, it was one of Oprah's Favorite Things.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

PS--I also need nighttime diapers.

Four
My friend Melissa is the greatest eye doctor ever.  Here is a conversation my husband and I had concerning her:
Andres:  What does Melissa do?
Heather:  She's an optometrist.
Andres:  A real one?
Heather:  ...yes...
Andres:  Like, not an assistant?
Heather....no...
Andres:  How can that be?  How old is she?  She doesn't look old enough to be an optometrist.
Heather:  She's my age.  We're old now.

Yes, Melissa is a real optometrist.  And she was really nice about the fact that I read "VFKAP" as "OPLAF."  And that is WITH the little eye machine set to "help Heather see real good," people.

Plus also, you know how the optometrist gives options like, "one or two?" to find your prescription?  Well, most of the time the two options are similar at options three and four and thus ends the comparisons.  I made it all the way to "seven or eight?".   I COULD have kept going, but thought, "the heck with it, my eyes are dying, this is close enough."  All this and Melissa was very polite the whole time!  So, go see her.

Five
I hate our washing machine.  It's a front loader and I am never ever buying a front loader with my own money ever.  We cloth diaper and when you wash them it is very important to use plenty of water.  Thus, my dilemma.  Also, ours is super weird and doesn't have an option for "rinse only" just an extra rinse with a regular cycle.  Thus, I have to run the entire cycle with an extra rinse twice and it takes forever.  I cannot believe that the previous owner of our house gave us a little bit of grief about the appliances being included.  He wanted the washer and dryer.  Why on earth he wanted that washer is beyond me.

Six
On Saturday we may go see Sharknado at Fullsteam.  It's going to be good.

Seven
On Sunday there is a Fiesta del Pueblo in Moore Square.  We are going to take Max so he can celebrate his 50% of Latinness.  Also, it drives Team Frowow crazy when people say "latino" or "latina" with an accent.  You know the one I'm talking about.  It doesn't sound cool, it sounds dumb.  So stop it, people who do that, k?  K.

Have a happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to be one of those people who would drive you crazy, but I used to be a Spanish teacher, so if it's a Spanish word, I'll probably pronounce it with an accent. It drives ME crazy when people "Anglicize" the pronunciation! (Full disclosure: I have 0% Latinness, but a love for the language)
    Hope your little guy sleeps better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I will give you a pass on the word "latino" Barb! I think maybe I have a complex because my husband is always telling me I am pronouncing Spanish words wrong when I try to say them. For example, I apparently pronounce "gracias" with too much of a short o sound, like in ostrich. It's supposed to be more with an a as in apple sound. I don't know. It sounded fine to me, and now I have a "gracias" complex! :)

      Delete
  2. "This too shall pass." Chin up and keep on keepin' on! You can do it with the grace of God and the strong support of a good wall to lean against. :)

    ReplyDelete