Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Los Cinco Favoritos

This edition of five favorites is going to be sort of like my presidential platform.  Kinda.  Actually, no, no, no...if I wasn't a lazy typer, I'd delete that.  These five favorites are for the future Max when he says, "Mom, I want to talk to my girlfriend's dad about marriage" edition.  Allow me to explain.  Once upon a May weekend, Team Frowow was here:

Gorgeous, no?  We were there with a wonderful group of my college friends who are like family. Somehow in the course of the weekend, my friend's daughter was pledged to my son in marriage.  At least they would each have fantastic mother-in-laws.  In the words of my friend Dawn:
If you can't trust your mother-in-law, who can you trust?
Amen, yes?  wink.
Anyways, my friend totally approves of this arrangement for her daughter because, as I stated that weekend, here are 3 of Max's favorite things:

1.  Jobs.  
Max will support his family.  I'm not saying he needs to make one billion dollars a year.  I'm not even saying that he needs to make enough for his wife to stay home.  Of course, I think that is wonderful, but dollars just don't stretch as far as they did in 1950, amiright?  What I am saying is that a consistent income is a good thing.

2.  Food.
Yes, my marriage campaign included food.  Who doesn't love food?  People need to eat. Specifically, they need to eat the bacon wrapped scallops that my future daughter-in-law's father prepared for dinner that weekend.  At least that's what I heard.  I wouldn't know.  I didn't get one.  Oh well, I'm looking forward to them at the wedding reception.

3.  Health insurance.
Health insurance is important.  Yes, it's expensive.  Do you know what's more expensive?  Any hospital or doctor's visit not covered at all by insurance. For example, when I was on maternity leave I had to pay a billion dollars for COBRA insurance.  It's a good thing I did, because my routine check-up at my ob was a zillion dollars, had I been without.  Health insurance is something you can't afford NOT to have.

Those three things my son can promise his future bride.  They are my favorites.  Now for two more:

4.  Zevia ginger root beer.  SO good.  My two favorite sodas in one.  Maybe they can go with the bacon wrapped scallops at the future reception.

5.  Pancakes.  Oink and Yum.

To see the 5 Favorites of normal people who don't suffer from Perpetual Strangeness and Disjointed Thoughts visit Hallie.

No comments:

Post a Comment