Friday, August 16, 2013

Seven Quick Takes

Here are seven pictures from our week:

ONE


 Max in a cart while I'm grocery shopping.  I'm trying to capture all the ordinary moments, because I know I'll miss them one day.  I love his pensive expression at the deli counter.  Hmmm...American or Swiss?
And why do the deli counter guys always ask if I want a sample?  Do some people taste their deli meats the way sommeliers taste wine?  "Robust fowl flavors with hints of cracked pepper, asparagus, and cardamom."  Weirdos.

TWO
 Someone please tell me why I own toys.  Here is Max playing with a package of paper towels. Remind me of this the next time I say, "Oh, Max might like a..."

THREE

It's next to impossible to get a picture with my phone that isn't blurry.  If I got an iphone would that help?  I have an android that is pretty crappy.  I chose it because it was pink.

FOUR
Pictures of me blowing out candles are the most unattractive ever.  Observe:


 I need to practice in front of a mirror before my next birthday.

FIVE
 I love our public library.  There is a fish bowl right next to the self checkout.  Max remembers the goldfish and runs to say hello first thing every time we go.  The goldfish is named Norman.  Hi, Norman.

SIX
 Here is Max's Christmas outfit.  It came as a set, but I think it will look extra festive and dapper with a red dress shirt.  I'm on the hunt.

SEVEN
I'm running out of steam here, folks.  Here we are at chick-fil-a.  Not pictured:

  •   the caution wet floor signs that were put up because I spilled lemonade
  • any of the 10 employees who asked me if I needed anything every 3 minutes, like clockwork (if you want excellent service, spill a bunch of stuff and make a big mess.  they will be afraid for you to move for fear you will do it again).
  • annoyed expressions of fellow patrons
For more quick takes, visit Jen by clicking here.  Wait, no not there.  Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment