Monday, October 21, 2013

A hodgepodge

I haven't been in a bloggy mood lately.  Not because we haven't done anything to document, but because Andres hasn't uploaded pics from his phone onto our computer so...no pictures an (even more) boring blog makes.

Today I had to get routine blood work done and my vein failed.  It would not flow.  The blood did not cometh.  So, the kind nurse had to tap, poke, and rub and practically had to give me mouth to mouth.  I've never had a problem with finding a vein before, so the unexpected turn of events nearly did me in.  They threw an apple juice at both me and Max, but even still, my vein didn't "pop."  Max had speech, so I told her I'd be back later.  After speech I drove to here to hydrate on a pumpkin spice latte.
Spoiler alert:  the white girl in yoga pants is me!
The second time was successful, but not without OW! and lots of blood on the gauze afterwards.  She had to do my left arm, which is my bad arm.  It still hurts, ya'll.  And she said, "make sure you tell people you have very little veins and they turn."  What?!?  Did I really need to know that?!?  I guess so, maybe.

Anyways, this week should be pretty busy.  What with grocery shopping on Wednesday and all.

To close, here is a picture of Team Frowow with friends at Francis Fest.  Note the plate of fries. The plate and my awesome tatt made the St. Francis facebook page.  So now I'm famous.


No comments:

Post a Comment