Friday, October 4, 2013

Seven Quick Takes

Here I am again, linking up with Jen.
It's Friday!  I am so excited for the weekend!  Because....
ONE
This weekend is Francis Fest at our church.  ENGAGE NOW, PEOPLE!  I don't know what that means.  I think it's code for "come to Francis Fest."  Team Frowow is.  Tomorrow is the Blessing of the Animals and on Sunday after church there is a FOOD TRUCK RODEO!  This ain't your Sunday potluck.  Though, if it was, I'd be all up in that too.  All the foods.  In my belly.

TWO
I just returned from Target where my intentional purchase was socks and my "I'm in Target and can't leave without something not on my list" purchase was a toilet seat for Max.  It's the kind that fits over the regular toilet and has a cars theme.  "Car car" is one of the words Max can say so when I asked if he wanted a "car car seat" he nodded his head yes.  In my mind I translated his nod as, "Yes, mother, I would like that potty seat because I'm going to sit on it and go potty at home.  I will be potty trained by 5:00 tonight, if not before."  So, I purchased, we went home, we tried it out and...um, it didn't mean that.

THREE
I can't look at this without LOLing.  Can you?

FOUR
We're only 3 takes in and I'm running on empty.  Hmmm....we're having fettuccine alfredo with steamed broccoli tonight for dinner.  I'm looking forward to it.  What are you going have for dinner?

FIVE
 This arrived yesterday:
and is hanging by my laundry room.  Now I can check "upstairs hallway" off my list of rooms to finish decorating.  

SIX
There is a recurrent discussion in my household as to whether Max should take two naps a day or one.  I'm Team Two, Andres is Team One.  Lately, Team One has been winning, but today I pulled out another point for my scorecard.  Two nap days are always enjoyable for mom!  I love when my intuition is right.

SEVEN
What are you still doing here?  These quick takes are boring.  They are not really reflective of our week; it's actually been pretty busy with something to do every day.  But, do you really want to hear about doctor's appointments and MOPs?  Probably not.  So I will leave you with this:
Juan Pablo as the next Bachelor.  Coming in January, people. And as an encore, this:


1 comment:

  1. I have a picture next to the that same wall in Austin, Texas!!! Awesome spot right on a corner of S. Congress. :)

    ReplyDelete