Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bite me.

Oh my, y'all.  I declare.
I look Max to the doctor yesterday.  Because he either had:
1.  a goose egg
2.  a swollen lymph node
3.  a cyst
Reality:  he had a mosquito bite.
I feel thisbig.
Lest you think I'm too crazy, here is the back story:
Last week, Max developed a red bump on his head, about an inch above his right temple.  I was puzzled because he hadn't bumped his head hard enough to develop a goose egg, so my second thought was a pimple.  My poor boy, having monster breakouts at the tender age of 20 months!  I told Andres we should start buying this:
but, Dre pointed out that his bump never developed that little white head that you can "pop." So, it must have been something else.  It faded and we didn't think anything of it. Until...he woke up yesterday with the exact same bump, only on his other temple.  Now, call me crazy, but admit it...it is a little strange that a mosquito bit him only on his temples in the exact same places. Honestly, a mosquito bite never crossed my mind.  People don't get bitten on their faces too often and when you do get one bug bite, there are usually more.  Max didn't have a single mark on any other part of his body.  So....
Yeah.  I called the doctor.  The nurse said that it was probably nothing, but to bring him in just in case it was a cyst or lymph node.  So the cyst or lymph node theories listed above were not even mine.  So there.  (Confession:  My theory was cancer.  At this time, please refer to message in blog title).  
Anyways, I brought him in and Dr. V looked him over and proclaimed...that's a mosquito bite!  I promptly turned this color:
Well, I google imaged "red face meme" and these came up:


So then I tried "embarrassed meme" and got this:
So, let's just call it close enough.
Anyways, the trip wasn't a total loss.  Max got his flu shot, which meant that I got chick-fil-a lemonade because we have a tradition of getting a special treat whenever you get shots. Max got a kids meal for dinner.  This tradition started yesterday. I think I'm going to like it.  Plus also, I didn't even have to pay for our appointment because we had a credit. I'm grateful for small miracles because had I paid $25 for a mosquito bite, Andres Frowow would've been all:
I don't know.  I googled "mad Colombian guy" and this image came up.  Just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment