Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Food Truck Rodeo

The Sunday after the Blessing of the Animals, St. Francis had a parish picnic after mass.  They hired about 4 or 5 food trucks to come to the parking lot of the community center.  It was my first food truck rodeo and I was pretty excited.  We got in line right after church and waited and waited and waited.
Hmmm, I googled "waiting in long line forever" and this popped up.  Unrelated, but I like it so I will share it will ya'll.  
Anyways, at the end of the long line there was this:
It's a seafood sandwich with sriracha slaw and it was really good.  Plus also, I ate these:
The fries in my hand, not the people.  My friend, Jason, actually took a picture of me holding just the fries, and my awesome tat was in the photo!  And now it's on the St. Francis facebook page!  And hardly anyone has noticed or seen it or commented, but in my head everyone is all like "there goes the girl with the awesome tattoo" and I'm all:
But that actual scenario hasn't taken place in real life.  Give it time.
Anyways, after standing in line for the majority of the afternoon, Max was getting cranky so we made a pit stop by some dirty, filthy water because nothing remedies crankiness like a good ole frolic with some germs:

For Team Frowow, this year's Francis Fest was mostly a learning experience which armed us with a plan of attack for 2014.  Here it is:
1.  Attend 9:30 mass
2.  Go home and force naps
3.  Arrive back at church at 12:20 (10 minutes before mass ends) to get in line for the food trucks
BOOM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment